Terms and conditionsGENERAL:
- Groups of less than 20 and local community groups may qualify for a discount on the room rate.
- Room layout and furniture provision is subject to discussion and final numbers.
- Refreshments will be served in the conference room.
- Lunch will be served in the conference room.
- We can provide details of local hotels and Bed & Breakfast.
- Taxi, mini-bus or coach transport can be arranged from local railway stations and hotels to The Organic Research Centre Ė but all costs to be paid direct by the hirer.
- Please make sure you have read our Terms & Conditions.
- All prices exclude VAT unless otherwise stated.
- All bookings are considered as provisional until The Organic Research Centre receives a signed Confirmation of Booking Form. On receipt of the Booking Form all facilities and services reserved on your behalf will be subject to these Terms & Conditions.
- The Confirmation of Booking Form should be returned within 10 working days of issue. The Organic Research Centre reserves the right to release the provisional booking and re-let the facilities if the Confirmation of Booking from is not returned.
- A minimum number of delegates must be identified on the Confirmation of Booking form.
- Final numbers, all other arrangements and requests should be confirmed at least 7 days before the event. Amendments to numbers or arrangements should be in writing.
- Any reduction to numbers made within 48hrs prior to arrival will be charged for in full.
CANCELLATION by the Hirer:
If the hirer makes significant changes to the nature of the booking or number of delegates, The Organic Research Centre may amend applicable rates or facilities offered. In the unlikely event the you should have to cancel, reduce the duration or contracted value of your booking, the scale of charges for the loss suffered by The Organic Research Centre are as follows:
- There is no cancellation fee Ė other than the 10% deposit - for confirmed bookings with at least one monthís notice.
- Confirmed bookings cancelled with less than one months notice will be charged 50% of the room hire cost and any charge levied by the caterer passed on to the hirer.
- Cancellation of 48hrs notice, or less, incurs a charge of both room hire and catering charges in full.
CANCELLATION by the Provider:
The Organic Research Centre reserves the right to cancel a booking if; (1) the centreís management judge that a booking may prejudice the reputation of the The Organic Research Centre, (2) the hirer is more than 30 days in arrears of previous payments, (3) The Organic Research Centre becomes aware of any alteration to the clientís financial situation.
If The Organic Research Centre is unable to honour this booking or any part of its services for any cause outside of its control, it shall be entitled to cancel the booking without liability.
A deposit of £25.00 is required to secure a booking. This should accompany the booking form.
If there are any last-minute changes to the booking in terms of any additional delegates, catering requirements or other changes, these will be invoiced immediately after the event. Should the price of certain commodities increase inordinately, the provider reserves the right to amend quoted prices and advise the hirer accordingly.
The provider shall not be responsible for any delay or cancellation due to causes beyond its control.
- The hirer shall be responsible for the conduct of their guests and ensure that their behaviour shall not cause a breach of the law or nuisance to other guests.
- If the hirer wishes to use any equipment, services or activities arranged through third parties permission must be obtained from The Organic Research Centre beforehand. Permitted use will be entirely at the hirerís own risk and The Organic Research Centre will not be liable for any consequential loss, injury or misuse of the equipment. The hirer will be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by The Organic Research Centre resulting directly or indirectly from the hirerís equipment.
- The hirer is responsible for any damage caused to the conference room furnishings, flooring, equipment etc, either by willful act or neglect of the delegates or guests and shall pay to The Organic Research Centre the amount required to make good or remedy such damage.
- The hirer is not permitted to bring any food or drink on to the premises, unless the prior consent of The Organic Research Centre has been obtained in writing.
Payment should be made to The Organic Research Centre within 30 days of the date of the invoice.
The Organic Research Centre reserves the right to charge interest at 3% per month on the balance outstanding unless special terms have been agreed with the management.