Mr. Roger Hitchings
Job titleNo longer working at ORC
Contact detailsEmail prefix: (add suffix @organicresearchcentre.com)
Academic qualificationsBSc (Hons) in Soil Science, University of Reading, 1970
Postgraduate Certificate in Education – PGCE(FE), University College of Wales, Newport, 1992
Main roles and responsibilities
- Managing the Information Services Team
- Co-ordinating the advisory team
- Providing consultancy in organic horticulture, standards development and planning issues at home and abroad
- Working with colleagues on a range of projects
- Providing liaison and input to Organic Centre Wales
- Providing coverage of a range of educational activities
- Secretary, Organic Growers Alliance
- Pool Member, EU Expert Group for Technical Advice on Organic Production
- Chairman of the Board, JobForce Wales Ltd
Booth, E., Cook, P., Fletcher, D., Hitchings, R., Newman, G., Palmer, H., Randerson, P. & Sutherland R. (2000) The Potential Contribution of Alternative Sectors to a Sustainable Agricultural Industry and Rural Economy in Wales – A Comparative Assessment. SAC Agro Industrial Research Services, Inverurie.
Dewhirst, C., Green, M., Haward, R., Hitchings, R., Pickering, J., Phillips, L. & Rayns, F. (2004) UK Market Assessment for Composted Materials in Organic Farming, Waste and Resources Action Programme, Banbury
Firth, C., Geen, N., and Hitchings, R. (2003) The UK Organic Vegetable Market (2001/02 season). HDRA, Coventry
Firth, C., Geen, N., and Hitchings, R. (2005) The UK Organic Vegetable Market 2003-04. HDRA, Coventry
Hitchings, R. (2007) Compost: the effect on nutrients, soil health and crop quantity and quality – a PACA Res review (PDF 173KB). IOTA
Clarke, S., Hitchings, R. & Trump, A. (2007) Market Review of the Welsh Organic Arable Sector. Organic Centre Wales, Aberstwyth
Hitchings, R. (2007) Market Review of the Welsh Horticultural Sector. Organic Centre Wales, Aberystwyth,
Hitchings, R. & Robertshaw, P. (2003) Organic Horticultural Seed Trials in Wales. Organic Centre Wales, Aberystwyth.
Click here to see Roger Hitchings's publications on Organic eprints.