“I have enjoyed working with staff at ORC in a variety of research projects over many years. Becoming a Trustee has given me the opportunity to help ORC develop and strengthen its research excellence and thus its ability to deliver knowledge which will benefit both organic and non-organic farmers”.
Trustee / Professor of Agricultural Systems
- BSc (Hons), PhD
Role and responsibilities:
I have been a Trustee at ORC since 2018. I am Professor of Agricultural Systems at SRUC.
- Nkurunziza, L., Watson, C.A., Öborn, I., Smith, H.G, Bergkvist, G. & Bengtsson, J. (2020). Socio-ecological factors determine crop performance in agricultural systems. Scientific Reports https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-60927-1
- Reckling, M., Bergkvist, G., Watson, C.A., Stoddard, F.L. & Bachinger, J. (2020). Re-designing organic grain legume cropping systems using systems agronomy. European Journal of Agronomy 112, 125951. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eja.2019.125951
- Hansen, S., Frøseth, R.B., Stenberg, M., Stalenga, J., Olesen, J.E., Krauss, M., Radzikowski, P., Doltra, J., Nadeem, S., Torp,T., Pappa, V. & Watson, C.A. (2019). Review of causes and sources of N2O emissions and NO3 leaching from organic arable crop rotations. Biogeosciences 16, 2795–2819. https://doi.org/10.5194/bg-16-2795-2019
- Ball, B.C., Hargreaves, P. & Watson, C.A. (2018). A framework of connections between soil and people can help improve sustainability of the food system and soil functions. Ambio 47, 269-283. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13280-017-0965-z
- Röös, E., Mie, A., Wivstad, M., Salomon, E., Johansson, B., Gunnarsson, S., Wallenbeck, A., Hoffmann, R., Nilsson, U., Sundberg, S. & Watson, C.A. (2018). Risks and opportunities of increasing yields in organic farming. A review. Agronomy for Sustainable Development 38, 14. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13593-018-0489-3