Dr Stefano Orsini
- PhD in Agricultural Economics, University of Pisa and University of Bologna (Italy)
Role and responsibilities:
I am currently the leader of the socio-economic work-package in the EU-H2020 LIVESEED project, and principal investigator of the project funded by the UK Department of International Trade (DIT) and Defra “Evaluating the different approaches for improving UK organic trade statistics”. Previously, I led tasks on supply chains in the completed projects EU-H2020 iSAGE, and the EU Evaluation project “Distribution of added value of the organic food chain”.
I also supervise students at SRUC for their MSc theses.
My main research interests are in food market, food supply chain management and food consumer research. Trained as an agricultural economist, I enjoy working in qualitative as well as quantitative research.
- Orsini S, Costanzo A, Solfanelli F, Zanoli R, Padel S, Messmer MM, Winter E, Schaefer F (2020). Factors Affecting the Use of Organic Seed by Organic Farmers in Europe. Sustainability, 12, 8540: https://doi.org/10.3390/su12208540
- Mandolesi S, Naspetti S, Arsenos G, Caramelle-Holtz E, Latvala T, Martin Collado D, Orsini S, Ozturk E, Zanoli R (2020). Motivations and barriers for sheep and goat meat consumption in Europe: a means-end chain study. Animals, 10(6), 1105 : https://doi.org/10.3390/ani10061105
- Orsini S, Padel S, Gambelli D, Lernoud J, Sanders J, Solfanelli F, Stolze M, Willer H, Zanoli R (2020). Beyond ‘mainstream’ and ‘alternative’ in organic food supply chains: empirical examples of added value distribution from eight European countries. British Food Journal, 122(3), 798-812 : https://doi.org/10.1108/BFJ-07-2019-0508
- Rose I, Martin-Collado D, Orsini S, Zanoli R, Yañez-Ruiz D, Zaralis K, Arsenos G (2019). Using the Multi-stakeholder Approach to Match Potential Innovations with Challenges Experienced by European Sheep and Goat Farms. Cham: Springer International Publishing. pp 119-130 : https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-02312-6_7
- Orsini S, Padel S, Solfanelli F, Costanzo A, Zanoli R (2019). Report on the relative importance of different factors encouraging farmers to use/ not use organic seed in organic supply chains. Deliverable 4.1 for EU-H2020 LIVESEED project.
- Orsini S, Padel S, Lampkin N (2018). Labour use on organic farms: a review of research since 2000. Organic Farming, 4(1), 7-15 : https://doi.10.12924/of2018.04010007
- Sanders J, Gambelli D, Lernoud J, Orsini S, Padel S, Stolze M, Willer H, Zanoli R (2016). Distribution of the added value of the organic food chain. External Study for EC DG Agri. Thünen Institute of Farm Economics. Braunschweig.
- Orsini S (2013). Explaining land management decisions to understand local landscape functions and change. Some insights from Tuscany. Local Environment, 18 (8), 934-949 : https://doi.org/10.1080/13549839.2012.748726
- Orsini S (2013). Landscape polarisation, hobby farmers, and a valuable hill in Tuscany: understanding landscape dynamics in a peri-urban context. Danish Journal of Geography, 113 (1), 53-64 : https://doi.org/10.1080/00167223.2013.770633